Audit and Assurance, Forensic Accounting
Paul is the Manager of the firm’s Audit and Assurance Division with over 20 years’ experience as a commercial and public accountant in Australia and in the UK.
Paul’s public accounting experience includes managerial positions with an international accounting firm. Paul has held commercial roles as Financial Controller and CFO in listed and large private companies where he has been responsible for the efficient operation of those finance functions.
The combination of public and commercial experience equips Paul with valuable skills within the areas of financial reporting, company secretarial duties, board reporting, cash flow management and reporting, banking facility management and risk management. Paul works from a great platform to efficiently and effectively comprehend the key issues impacting business environments.
Paul’s experience is an invaluable resource within our firm as his insights and diverse skill range provide us with a ‘client-based’ perspective that enables us to tailor our audit approach to the client’s business and environment.
Mr Sapelli mentors students undertaking the CA ANZ Chartered Accounting Program and is himself studying for a Master of Applied Finance and working to ultimate accreditation as a Business Valuation Specialist and Registered Company Auditor.
- Audit, External and Internal
- Review Engagements
- Financial Reporting
- Risk management
- Corporate governance reviews
- Forensic services
- Bulk and retail fuel
- Engineering and steel fabrication
- Property development
- Drilling exploration
- Energy and resources (construction phase)
- Building and construction
- Tourism, hospitality and gaming
- Not for profit
- Aged care
- Financial services
- Professional services
Qualifications and memberships
- Master of Applied Finance (currently completing)
- Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting (CA)
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Corporate Governance (AGIA / ACIS)
- Company Directors Program (GAICD)
- Professional Diploma in Stockbroking (SAA)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Finance)